By registering for a fundraiser class, you get to learn new things while making the world a better place. Win-win.
SO FAR WE'VE RAISED
How to Make Great Money as a Writer
Friday august 28, 2020 at
12 pm Hawaii / 3 pm Pacific / 6 pm Eastern.
Watch live or watch the recording later.
Cost: Donation-based. This class is a fundraiser for the Lebanese Red Cross, providing aid to those impacted by the recent tragedy in Beirut.
Contribute what you can. 100% goes to this organization.
Class includes: live-streaming video (60 mins) + downloadable workbook.
Hosted by Alexandra Franzen and Lindsey Smith.
“Is it possible to make good money as a writer?”
“Is this actually realistic? Or am I totally delusional?”
“What are some career paths, jobs, freelance gigs, and other money-making possibilities for me? I don’t even know what’s out there!”
“If I want to make money as a writer, where do I start? What should I do first?”
If those kinds of questions are swirling in your mind, this class is for you!
Attend this free/donation-based writing class and learn from two people who’ve built successful, profitable writing careers, and who love helping others do the same!
Here’s what we’re covering:
- Our personal journeys as writers—from blogs to book deals to launching our own companies—and some of our biggest mistakes and lessons along the way.
- Why the whole “writers don’t make any money” belief is a myth.
- 15 ways you can earn great money as a writer (either as a side hustle or full time), and how to decide which career options might be the best fit for your personality.
- How to build up your confidence as a writer and stop working for free. Because your skills are worth a lot more than “zero dollars.”
- How to start getting paid to write, right now…even if you’re starting from square one and don’t have anything yet. No portfolio, no website, no nothin’.
This class is for all ages. Recommended: 18 and up.
Tell your friends about this class. Invite your whole community to attend!
More attendees = more donations = more funds raised = more good done.
Each month, we pick a new topic and a new cause to support.
Want to suggest a topic or cause? Email
About the Instructors
Alexandra Franzen is a writer and entrepreneur. She’s the author of 6 books, founder of the award-winning Tiny Press, a book publishing imprint, and a writing teacher who has taught in 18 cities around the world. She’s also the ghostwriter behind numerous #1 bestselling books, inspirational TEDx talks, and other speeches and presentations.
Alexandra has written articles for Time, Forbes, Newsweek, The Huffington Post, and Lifehacker. Her work has been mentioned in The New York Times Small Business Blog, The Atlantic, The Los Angeles Times, and Inc. alexandrafranzen.com
Lindsey is a writer, literary agent, and the founder of One Idea Press. She is obsessed with publishing and, to date, she has helped more than 1000 people write and self-publish their books.
She has written eight books of her own, including her award-winning book, Eat Your Feelings.
Lindsey also dabbles in stand-up comedy and resides in Pittsburgh, PA with her punk rock husband and their adorable pup, Winnie Cooper.